505 Southwestern Green Chile
1 lb ground beef
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
Ice berg lettuce cut
Roma tomato diced
1/2 cup-1 cup Cheddar and Monterey Jack Cheese
Doritos (or any chip you like with tacos)
Pizza dough recipe ingredients:
“00” flour 1 1/2 cups
Bread flour 1 cup
Salt 1 tsp
Olive oil 2 tbsp
Active yeast 1 tsp
1 cup hot tap water
Pizza Dough directions:
1. Pour 1 cup of hot tap water in a bowl. Sprinkle on yeast and sugar, stir and let sit for 5 mins. Once yeast is active (foamy) add in flours, salt and oil. Stir till a ball. Then knead with Hands for 10-12 minutes till it springs back at you when you put your finger in it. Can use kitchen aide and dough hook, knead for 8 minutes with that.
2. Let rest in warm place with plastic wrap on top or a towel, I usually place in my oven. Let sit for at least 1 hour. Best pizza sits in fridge for 24-72 hours to let gluten rest. If your refrigerate bring to room temp before using. If pizza shrinks let rest longer at room temp as the gluten needs time to relax.
3. Pre-cook crust so that layers of taco pizza don’t create soggy pizza. I use my Portable Pizza Oven. Can cook in oven in home at 450 degrees. Cook for 10 second increments in portable piZza ovens and turn till set.
1. Cook ground beef on medium high, seperate beef while it cooks so it’s small pieces. Add in taco seasoning, and then use a paper towel to drain out fat from pan. Once cooked switch to low heat and simmer.
2. Add pizza sauce, 505 Southwestern Green Chile Sauce, and refried beans to the pizza. Top with taco meat, cheese and cook in portable pizza oven at 450-500. Cook at 10 second increments then turn so it doesn’t burn. Continue till crispy. If using a regular oven cook for 12-18 minutes till golden on top.
3. Add lettuce, tomatoes and Doritos. Can serve with sour cream.